How To Become An Orangetheory Coach
▶ How To Become An Orangetheory Coach Information: Orangetheory coaching is not only a job, but also a chance to make a difference in the lives of others.
Because of this, even well-known athletes with promising careers, like Jordan Gray, still enjoy their jobs as Orangetheory trainers.
But it’s clear that it’s not easy to get a job as a coach at a well-known fitness company. The good news is that the requirements aren’t too hard to meet, especially if you love the fitness industry and have a talent or skill for it.
What Do You Need to Become an Orangetheory Coach?
The most essential requirement for Orangetheory coaches is a personal trainer or group trainer fitness certification from an OTF-approved education company like:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America(AFFA)
Most of the time, Orangetheory trainers are also required to have at least one year of experience as trainers, preferably as group trainers.
But there are times when a franchise will hire new people, as long as they have the proper certifications and are good at making people healthier.
Orangetheory’s coaches and employees must go through the OTF it certification program. This is one of the essential requirements. They get certified at Orangetheory, which is only open to Orangetheory employees and potential employees.
The outfit certification program takes one week and is full of intense training exercises, activities, and learning.
What Certifications Do Orangetheory Coaches Have?
Orangetheory.com clarifies that people who want to become Orangetheory coaches must have an NCCA-approved personal training certification (like ACE, NASM, or ACSM) or a degree in sports medicine (like a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology).
Moreover, as part of the process of becoming a certified coach, coaches must go through Orangetheory training and pass the “final mic” exam, which is a trial class.
Also, coaches must have certificates in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
What Are the Responsibilities of Orangetheory Fitness Coach?
Here are the things that Orangetheory coaches have to do. These are broad ideas. Every franchise may have some points that are different, fewer, or more.
- You will be in charge of giving 45 people workouts that have already been made.
- During the session, get the clients excited and pumped up.
- Make sure that you keep your current customers and get new ones.
- Make sure that everyone is exercising the right way and following standard health and safety rules.
- To meet the needs of people with different skill levels, it is essential to give other options and challenges for each exercise.
- A monthly schedule should include fitness staff meetings and educational presentations.
- Give members information about the things that are important to them.
- I am working closely with the front desk staff to handle sales of memberships and heart rate monitors.
What Makes a Good Orangetheory Coach?
▶ The following are traits of an excellent Orangetheory coach:
- They are certified to train individuals or groups.
- They have been trained in first aid and have certifications in EAD and CPR.
- The trainers have different ways of teaching that help trainees do their best.
- They have a way of making trainees do one more exercise challenge until the 60 minutes of OTF training are over.
- They are always happy and never bring problems or bad moods from home to class.
- They ensure that everyone in the class feels like they belong and that no one falls behind.
- They provide for people who want to regain their dignity and even bring friends.
Qualifications required in addition to certificates
- Intermediate knowledge of physiology, how to work out, and how the body works.
- Able to do many things at once and stay organized
- Positive, motivating, and practical skills for talking to other people
- want and being able to train people of all fitness levels
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; can lift and move up to 40 pounds safely.
- Heart rate-based training is something you should know how to do.
What Does an Orangetheory Coach Do?
Orangetheory coaches are an essential part of OTF theory and training. They make sure that the company’s corporate dream comes true.
Because of this, they must have the highest standards of honesty and performance.
▶ The following are the responsibilities of an Orangetheory coach:
- Give the clients exercises that are of an outstanding level.
- Make sure that the class can be done by people of all fitness levels in the hour it takes.
- Get people excited about making it through all of the steps in the course.
- Help each member reach their own goals.
- Know how to use all the OTF equipment and extra pieces and show that you can.
- Learn the science behind the link between your heart rate and how to fit you are.
- Please ensure the members exercise correctly to keep them from getting hurt.
- Be a part of the Orangetheory community and work as a team.
What Do Orangetheory Coaches Get Paid?
As of March 29, 2022, the average annual salary of a fitness coach at a company like Orangetheory fitness in the United States is $146,323.
However, on any given day, the salary range can be anywhere from $119,028 to $173,617. It is essential to know that a person’s salary can vary greatly depending on some critical factors.
such as their education, certification, additional skills, and the number of years they have worked in their field.
What Is a Head Coach at Orangetheory?
Most of your job duties will involve leading Orangetheory Fitness workouts, setting up a schedule for training staff in the studio, and getting members motivated by guiding them through exercises that have already been set up.
▶ As a Head Fitness Coach, you will be expected to do the following:
- Make sure the studio is successful by working closely with the Studio Manager and the Regional Leadership.
- A dynamic fitness team’s leadership, management, and growth.
- Motivate the members and lead them through exercises that have already been planned.
- All group members should use the proper form, and if they don’t, they need to be told what to do.
- The most important thing is to always keep an eye on what the competition is doing and to know how our own training works scientifically.
- There needs to be a clear explanation of how to use each piece of equipment used in a workout.
It’s essential to work well with others.
Also, you must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the position:
- Be a member of Orangetheory Fitness and have a valid fitness certification from the company.
- For this job, you need to be certified in CPR and AED.
- Get to know the idea of heart rate-based training so you can understand how it works.
Since Orangetheory Fitness is a chain of fitness studios, it must need more than one fitness coach. In fact, every few weeks, there are always ads for OTF coaches.
Because of this, it is a good job opportunity for trainers. Even better, an Orangetheory coach gets to change lives in an environment that is backed by science.
OTF trainers must be certified in first aid courses like EAD and CPR, as well as NCCA-approved training courses. Then, Orangetheory training takes about a week to finish, and if you pass the mic test in OTF training, you’ll be on stage.
FAQ – How To Become An Orangetheory Coach
I am Camila Smith. I am a fitness expert and personal trainer and a life coach, blogger, and triathlete. As a health and fitness expert, my mission is to cut through the industry’s noise and empower people to find lasting health, happiness, and confidence through sustainable solutions. More About Camila Smith.