One of the most renowned running backs in American football is Adrian Peterson. He is currently a free agent as well. Due to his agility, he once set the freshman running record at his college with 1925 yards.
He is widely regarded as the greatest rushing back in NFL history.
Adrian Peterson maintains a disciplined and healthy diet to deliver his best consistently. His diet is in line with his exercise regimen.
It gives him all the nutrients his body needs to support growth. His body needs the nutrition to recover fully from his rigorous workout sessions.
This athletic diet manual will thoroughly explain Adrian Peterson’s eating strategy.
Adrian Peterson Diet Plan
Adrian Peterson has always taken great care to follow a strict diet. His own words are,
“I’ve always been conscious and cautious about what I put in my body. I eat like a bird, honestly, grazing on small amounts of food throughout the day.”
Adrian Peterson prefers to split his daily food intake into smaller meals instead of consuming too much simultaneously. Peterson takes six smaller meals daily to fuel his body to function better.
His daily meal plan includes both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food items. They provide his body with all the nutrients required to promote growth.
Adrian Peterson’s meal plan comprises protein-rich food items like chicken and fish. To ensure he stays energetic and ready for his game, he includes:
- Plenty of high-fiber vegetables.
- Complex carbohydrates.
- Healthy fats in his diet plan.
Adrian Peterson Meal Plan
|Breakfast (8 am)||4-5 eggs|
|Lunch (1 pm)||Baked Chicken|
|Dinner (5 pm)||Chicken Breast|
|Snack (9 pm)||Protein Shake|
What does Adrian Peterson Eat?
- ✅Cookies (treat)
- ✅Egg Whites
- ✅Ice Cream (treat)
- ✅Low-fat Bacon
- ✅Chicken Breast
- ✅Protein Drinks
- ✅Wholegrain Pancakes
What does Adrian Peterson Avoid?
- ❌Fried Food
- ❌Shellfish (allergy)
- ❌Processed Foods
- ❌Empty-calorie Foods
- ❌Fast Food
- ❌Refined Sugar
- ❌Junk Food
Adrian Peterson’s Supplements
- Whey Protein
One of the most well-liked supplements utilized by athletes and fitness experts is, without a doubt, whey protein. It’s made out of milk.
Whey protein is an excellent post-workout protein source because it gives the muscles an immediate supply of amino acids. Adrian Peterson boosts his daily protein intake by consuming two to three daily protein drinks.
In Adrian Peterson’s supplement stack, multivitamins are also essential. Peterson must be energized to give every opportunity his best effort since he is an athlete. Peterson gains more energy by taking multivitamin supplements in addition to his diet.
Additionally, it helps him keep his muscle strength while lowering tension and anxiety. Additionally, cardiovascular illnesses are controlled, and multivitamins decrease their likelihood.
Adrian Peterson’s Body Stats
|Height||6 ft 1 inch or 185 cm|
|Weight||98 kg or 216 lbs|
|Chest Size||Not Available|
|Waist Size||Not Available|
|Biceps Size||Not Available|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Adrian Peterson Workout Routine
Adrian Peterson is renowned for his elite ability to play the game. His physical appearance is sporty.
This athletic workout manual will shed some light on Adrian Peterson’s exercise regimen, which keeps him in peak condition and improves his game-playing abilities.
Adrian Peterson’s Workout Overview
American football requires its players to be exceptionally quick and athletic. To perform well, they need to be explosive. They must be swift and practical as well.
A typical American Football game lasts many hours and requires more endurance from its participants. Adrian Peterson’s workout regimen is designed to improve his general conditioning, strength, stamina, and speed.
Adrian Peterson works in the gym five to six days weekly, alternating between strength and aerobic exercises. Both complex and isolation motions are used to attack each of his muscle groups differently.
His exercise regimen focuses on fortifying the connective tissue, increasing his functional strength, and sharpening his gaming abilities.
Adrian Peterson’s Workout Schedule
Adrian Peterson likes to exercise five to six days a week. His exercise regimen includes both aerobic and strength training. Adrian Peterson targets a different muscle group every day of the week. He works out every muscle group just once a week.
Adrian Peterson’s exercise routine looks like this:-
⏩Monday: Chest and Triceps
On Monday, he undertakes a chest and triceps program, working out nine times with an average of three to four sets and six repetitions.
The chest and triceps regimen of Adrian Peterson is as follows:
- Incline Bench Press (3 to 4 sets, 6 reps)
- Decline Dumbbell Bench Press (3 to 4 sets, 6 reps)
- V-Bar or Rope Triceps Push Down (3 to 4 sets, 6 reps)
- Dumbbell Kickback (3 to 4 sets, 6 reps)
- Flat Bench Press (3 to 4 sets, 6 reps)
- Dumbbell Flyers (3 to 4 sets, 6 reps)
- Cable Crossover (3 to 4 sets, 6 reps)
- Triceps Dip (3 to 4 sets, 6 reps)
- Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extension (3 to 4 sets, 6 reps)
He performs a leg regimen on Tuesday by engaging in 7 different exercises.
Adrian Peterson’s leg exercise is as follows:
- Placed Leg Extension (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Placed Calf Raise (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Dumbbell Stepping Lunge (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Placed Leg Curl (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Leg Press (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Dumbbell Bench Squat (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Straight Leg Dead lift (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
⏩Wednesday: Back and Biceps
Adrian Peterson works out his back and biceps on Wednesday, performing nine exercises.
Here is Adrian Peterson’s program for the back and biceps:
- Wide Grip Pull Down (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Concentration Curl (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Placed Cable Row (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Dumbbell Incline Row (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Bent-Over Row (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Hammer Curl (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Dumbbell Curl (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Lying Cambered Barbell Row (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Rear Barbell Row (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
He performs a series of five exercises for his abs on Thursday.
The Adrian Peterson abs workout is as follows:
- Decline Crunch (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Hanging Leg Raise (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Weighted Crunch (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Roman Chair Sit-Ups (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Ab Plate Twist (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
On Fridays, he does a shoulder routine consisting of seven different workouts with an average of three sets and six to eight reps.
Adrian Peterson’s shoulder routine is as follows:
- Hang Clean Pull (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Arnold Press (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Incline Reverse Fly (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Alternating Dumbbell Raise (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Barbell Shrug (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
- Placed Military Press (3 sets, 6 to 8 reps)
⏩Saturday and Sunday: Rest
On Saturday and Sunday, Adrian Peterson rests and refuels with organic food.
Adrian Peterson makes sure to follow the following points in addition to the workout routine mentioned above:
- Adrian Peterson advises taking adequate rest in between sets during a workout session. The rest in between sets will aid in muscle recovery.
- Regarding cardio, running is an essential part of his routine. He claims running on hills is more effective than on the flat ground.
Stephen Curry’s Workout Routine
Adrian Peterson strictly adheres to his diet to maintain a muscular and ripped physique that benefits his overall on-field performance.
We believe you would have enjoyed it. Before you try out his workout plan, remember that he is an ace-level athlete, and it would not be very reasonable to copy his training program blindly.
It would help if you made adjustments and modifications based on your fitness level. It is also advised that you train with an experienced coach.
FAQs For Adrian Peterson Diet Plan & Workout
👉What is Adrian Peterson’s workout routine?
👉What supplements does Adrian Peterson take for protein?
👉What is Adrian Peterson’s training program?
Mr. William is a fitness enthusiast who is constantly refining techniques and routines in the quest to find his perfect workout program. He shares what he knows by writing articles on at-home exercises for other enthusiasts like him! More About William